What is your favorite quote from a children’s book you have loved?
A few of my favorites:
“We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?” asked Piglet.
“Even longer,” Pooh answered.
– A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“But dying’s part of the wheel, right there next to being born. You can’t pick out the pieces you like and leave the rest. Being part of the whole thing, that’s the blessing.”
– Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting
“It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”
– E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
“A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.”
– L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
1. What is your favorite quote from a children’s book? Use it to inspire a short story, poem or essay.
2. List your fifteen favorite children’s books. Do any of them inspire memories of your childhood? Write about them.
3. Choose one children’s book that has meant something important to you. Why is it special?
Here are some other great quotes from children’s books: