Who : The contest is open to US residents under 19 years old.
Note to parents : If your child cannot write yet, you may type their words for them.
support our free contest!
1. Ages 9 and under
2. Ages 10-12
3. Ages 13-15
4. Ages 16-18
One winner from each category will receive the following prizes.
1. Publication on AdventureWrite.com/kids
2. $50 cash
3. Certificate of Achievement
Judging : Adventure Write will choose one winner from each category based on:
1. Suitability for the Adventure Write Kid’s website
2. Entertainment and Creativity
3. Spelling, grammar and punctuation
How to Enter :
1. Finish Totem Head’s Tutorial.
2. Write a story in 1500 words or less. Make your story appropriate for kids. The first sentence should start with “So there I was”.
3. Fill out a Contest Entry Form
4. Scan and email your Contest Entry Form
5. Type your story directly into the body of your email, or attach it to your email as a Microsoft Word or a .txt file. (That’s a file created using the Notepad program.)
6. Email your submission to: email@example.com
7. If you prefer, you may send your submission(s) through the mail to:
Adventure Write – Story Contest
P.O. Box 113074
Anchorage AK 99511-3074
Important Tips :
1. Save a stamp! You may send multiple entries in one envelope.
2. Ask someone to proofread your story for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
3. Get feedback on your story from a friend, parent or teacher before penning your final draft.
Please note : All submissions become the property of Adventure Write, and we cannot return them.
Winner Notification : Adventure Write will notify winners via email and snail mail in Feb 2012. We’ll post the winning stories on AdventureWrite.com/kids no later than 28 Feb 2012.