What : “Totem Head’s 2010 Story Contest”
Who : The contest is open to US residents under 19 years old.
Note to parents : If your child cannot write yet, you may type their words for them.
1. Ages 11 and under
2. Ages 12 to 18
When : Send your entry before 31 Dec 2010.
One winner from each category will receive the following prizes.
1. Publication on AdventureWrite.com/kids
2. $50 cash
3. Certificate of Achievement
Judging : Billy O and Colleen will choose one winner from each category based on:
1. Suitability for AdventureWrite.com/kids
4. Spelling and grammar
How to Enter :
1. Finish Totem Head’s Tutorial.
2. Write a story in 1500 words or less. Make your story appropriate for kids. The first sentence should start, “So there I was…”.
3. Fill out a Contest Entry Form
4. Scan and email your Contest Entry Form
5. Type your story directly into the body of your email, or attach it to your email as a .txt file. (That’s a file created using the Notepad program.)
6. Email your submission to: email@example.com
7. If you cannot email your submission, send it through the mail to:
Adventure Write – Story Contest
P.O. Box 113074
Anchorage AK 99511-3074
Please note : All submissions become the property of Adventure Write, and we cannot return them.
Winner Notification : Adventure Write will notify winners via email and snail mail in Feb 2011. We’ll post the winning stories on AdventureWrite.com/kids no later than 28 Feb 2011.
For contest details and entry form visit: